The [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Black Eyed Peas[/lastfm] promised fans a one-of-a-kind benefit concert in Central Park, but Mother Nature wreaked too much havoc for the show to ever take place.
The opening acts, including Taylor Swift, were supposed to begin at 5:00 but were delayed due to the near-record heat, during which restless fans stood and waited for the concert that never happened.
[photogallerylink id=73297 align=right]
The Robin Hood Foundation, which the concert proceeds benefit, said in a statement that it was “lightning” that ended up stopping the concert, not heat or rain.
The foundation also assures fans that the concert will be re-scheduled, but it still doesn’t undo the damage done by the hours of waiting followed by an abrupt cancellation.
The Black Eyed Peas did their best to please the crowd with an acoustic version of “Just Can’t get Enough” at the end of the night, but likely need to do more to regain their fans’ trust.
Where to next?
- Log in to your Mix Freeloaders account
- Check out the latest Mix Music News
- Listen to Karson & Kennedy highlights from this morning
- Enter to win Mix prizes online
- Get a list of songs Mix played this hour
- Check out the Mix 104.1 Photo Gallery