Between my husband & Gregg Daniels, it’s easy to put a list together for ya of things you SHOULDN’T say to a pregnant woman. A few weeks ago, I could see the start of the ‘baby bump,’ and was all excited & when I showed the hubby, he said “Stop sticking it out!” Um, I wasn’t. In general-let’s agree that no man should say that to any woman. Ever. LOL. Then yesterday, I asked Gregg what he has said to his pregnant wife lately that he realized he should have kept to himself. His answer? “Wow-you are getting HUGE.” Oh my.
So, here’s my attempt to help anyone chatting it up with a pregnant lady-especially you baby daddy’s. Here’s what NOT to say:
-The above comments from my husband and Gregg
(These were found in a book I got my husband about pregnancy..perfect examples of what not to say)
- “I never noticed the resemblance before, but you look a lot like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.”
- “But I’ve seen other pregnant women work out at the gym.”
- “Can I get you a trough?”
- “You know, your butt really does look big in those pants.”
- “Look, you and I have the same sized hands.”
- “Hey, you’re blocking the TV…hell, you’re blocking the whole wall.”
- “Can I use your maternity underwear to cover the barbeque?”
- “I never knew stretch marks were so unattractive.”
Feel free to share some of your thoughts & maybe something that was said to you!