Filed underNot So Silent Night
Grace Potter is a multi-instrumentalist who grew up in Waitsfield, Vermont in the Mad River Valley. She’s best known for being the frontwoman of Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.
The band’s style encompasses everything from indie rock to folk rock and blues. Potter herself has performed on a number of collaborations, including “You and Tequila” with Kenny Chesney.
The group got their start in 2002 after drummer Matt Burr spotted Potter performing folk songs at the student-run venue The Java Barn on the St. Lawrence University campus in upstate New York. Burr approached Potter after the show about starting a band. In the spring of 2003, Burr introduced guitarist Scott Tournet into the mix and the rest is history.
In total, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals have released 7 albums, with 4 of them produced in-studio to varying degrees of mainstream popularity. Potter and the group’s most successful album to date was 2010′s self titled album, which produced the hit singles “Medicine” and “Paris (Ooh La La)”.
- Grace Potter – vocals (2002-present)
- Matt Burr – drums (2002-present)
- Scott Tournet – guitar (2002-present)
- Benny Yurco – guitar (2009-present)
- Michael Libramento – bass guitar (2011-present)
Did You Know?
Grace Potter’s musical prowess started at a very early age. She began playing piano at the age of 6 from learning by ear and watching her mother, a piano teacher.
Grace Potter Artist Photos
Grace Potter on Mix
- MixFest Memories: Matthew Reid on John Mayer, Grace Potter and More
- MixFest 2011 Flashback: Javier Colon, Grace Potter, Lifehouse, Sara Bareilles & Michelle Branch
- Stream New Music From Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, ‘Never Go Back’
- MixFest Meet & Greet: Grace Potter
- PHOTOS: Grace Potter & the Nocturnals Live at MIXFest 2011