Impress Your Relatives With This Turkey Cake For Thanksgiving!
This delicious delicacy is Mix Approved: Layers of ground turkey, sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce covered with more mashed potatoes, a layer of sweet potatoes, and a cup-and-a-half of mini-marshmallows.
What’s not to like?
For the turkey layers:
- Unsalted butter, for coating the pans
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated on the small holes of a box grater
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
For the sweet potato layer:
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick)
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- Pinch ground mace or nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- About 5 cups of 1 recipe Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, warm
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 1/2 cups Sausage Stuffing, warm
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Gravy, for serving (optional)
This comes to us from CHOW. They’ve got the rest of the directions here!
Thanksgiving on Mix: