New study came out that says how much free time the average person has and what they do with it. Here’s how it broke down:
10. Listening to, or playing, music, 7%
9. Gardening, 7%
8. Walking, running, or jogging, 8%
7. Playing video games, 10%
6. Going to the gym, 10%
5. Watching movies, 11%
4. Socializing, 18%
3. Surfing the Internet, 19%
2. Reading, 37%. Although, it was actually the TOP answer for WOMEN, with 48%.
1. Watching TV. 42% of people said it’s one of the top three things they do with their free time.
The survey said that the average American spends 36 hours a week either working, commuting, or taking care of household chores. And for people with full-time jobs, it’s 55 hours.
The average person has 20 hours of FREE time each week. People with kids have 15 hours, while people without kids have 25.
That’s A LOT of free time!
So, my question tonight is a fill-in-the-blank edition…
MBQ: If I Had More Free Time, I’d __________?
(For all of you stat geeks, here’s the full survey results: Harris Interactive)