All is forgiven, Weezer. Your new single is so awesome, that we can overlook your crappy previous non-90’s-Weezer-sounding singles.
Don’t worry – we aren’t bashing Weezer. They are bashing themselves!
Listen above to hear what we’re talking about in their new single, “Back to the Shack”.
We’re glad Weezer is taking the reigns back on their career and we are praying that other bands who have given in to the music industry’s demands, will do the same.
With a chorus that literally talks about “rockin out like it’s 94”, Weezer is exposing today’s youth to what music used to be about – the music itself.
Take me back, back to the shack
Back to the Strat with the lightning strap
Kick in the door, more hardcore
Rockin out like it’s ’94
Let’s turn up the radio
Let’s turn off those stupid singing shows
I know where we need to go:
Back to the shack
Yes, let’s turn up the radio!
What do you think of Weezer’s new single?
MORE 90’S REWIND:
- 90’s Rewind: Lindsay Lohan Recreates Scene From ‘The Parent Trap’ With Dubsmash
- 90’s Rewind: Jimmy Fallon Falls Back To A T.G.I.F.-Style Open for “The Tonight Show”
- 90s Rewind: Jimmy Kimmel & George Clooney’s “E.R.” Cast “Reunion”
- 90s Rewind: Remember All Saints? They’re Apparently Doing Big Things In 2016
- 90s Rewind: Your Wicked 90s Christmas List