Goo Goo Dolls frontman John Rzeznik got married to Melina Gallo in July 2013, which means the couple recently celebrated their first anniversary! So surely John had big plans in store for his new wife, right.
Well, not really.
He told Gregg Daniels in a Mix Beach House interview that he and his wife simply stayed home and spent their anniversary quietly, just hanging alone together at their home. He explained that he and the band spend so much time out on the road that he and his wife hardly get to see each other at all, let alone by themselves.
It makes a lot of sense that a busy touring singer like John would choose to have a quiet, intimate night for his anniversary, rather than something extravagant. He spends enough time in the public eye, he doesn’t need fans walking up to him for a picture while he’s with his wife at their anniversary dinner.
- Gregg and Freddy’s Great Grammy Adventure Re-cap
- Train’s Pat Monahan: “I’m Like The Tom Brady Of Singers!”
- Not So Silent Night Artist James Bay
- Gavin DeGraw Confirms ‘She Sets The City On Fire’ Is “About A Specific Girl”
- “He Is Just A Miserable Guy To Be Around!” Andy Grammer Jokes About Touring With Gavin DeGraw