The Goo Goo Dolls have sold over 10 million records worldwide and have long been staples on the airwaves here at Mix 104.1. So it should come as no surprise that the band own the top 2 most played songs on Mix – in the history of the station.
Watch Gregg Daniels break the news to frontman John Rzeznik and bassist Robby Takac, who chimes in by quipping “We deserve a plaque!” The guys didn’t seem too shocked, because the #1 song is the mega-mega-mega-hit “Iris”, one of the most successful pop singles of the past 20 years, and #2 is “Slide”, the band’s other super successful single off their 1998 album Dizzy Up The Girl.
The Goo Goo Dolls came up in the ’90s with a lot of other, similar bands that even had similar success – but very few have sustained success through the years like they have. They continue to make hit singles, most recently with “Come to Me” and “Rebel Beat” off their album Magnetic.
- Gregg and Freddy’s Great Grammy Adventure Re-cap
- Train’s Pat Monahan: “I’m Like The Tom Brady Of Singers!”
- Not So Silent Night Artist James Bay
- Gavin DeGraw Confirms ‘She Sets The City On Fire’ Is “About A Specific Girl”
- “He Is Just A Miserable Guy To Be Around!” Andy Grammer Jokes About Touring With Gavin DeGraw