Was Britney Spears Singing All About That Bass Before Meghan Trainor?
We all know that Meghan Trainor is all about that bass.
Listen to “Big Fat Bass” from Britney’s 2011 album, Femme Fatale, below:
The good news? Trainor isn’t into treble, and Britney wants to be the treble, so we don’t see any conflicts there.
The possible bad news: While the songs couldn’t sound more polar opposite, one could argue that will.i.am came up with Trainor’s play on words first.
If anything, we think that Meghan may have been inspired by the song, but it’s very possible that she’s never heard the track at all.
What do you think? Do Britney and will.i.am deserve some cred?
MORE BRITNEY SPEARS ON MIX1041.COM:
- Christina Aguilera Mocks Britney Spears with Impression on ‘The Voice’ Finale: Watch
- Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea Debut ‘Pretty Girls’ Live at Billboard Music Awards
- Britney Spears & Iggy Azalea’s ‘Pretty Girls’ Video Remakes ‘Earth Girls Are Easy,’ & It’s Definitely Something
- Can’t Beat Kennedy: Shannon From Plymouth
- Dirty on the 30 – Kim Kardashian Defines Irony