St. Patrick’s Day
The numbers are tallied — the amount of drunken idiots far exceeded last year’s totals by a whopping percentage. So for many of you, St. Patrick’s Day probably feels like one big blur right about now, huh? […]
March is Irish-American Heritage Month, and for Irish-American kids living in and around Boston, there’s plenty to do on St. Patrick’s Day. Boston is considered the most Irish city in the US so, grab a green hat, put on a Boston Celtics t-shirt and get ready to celebrate. Here are Boston’s best ways for kids to celebrate the day.
Boston is proud of its deep Irish roots; and Boston is proud of its beer. It only makes sense to combine the two into one great post about Massachusetts-based breweries that are putting out Irish-style beers. The Irish stouts have already been covered, so here’s a look at the Irish red. Some local breweries put these out as Spring seasonals, but others are available year-round.
It may seem like a no brainer to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Boston, yet when it comes to options available to both the casual visitor and the dedicated townie, the list almost seems innumerable.
It’s the time of year when almost everybody claims to be Irish. There are dozens of parades and events around the region to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
Massachusetts and Irish heritage have been synonymous for centuries. Every St. Patrick’s Day, a massive celebration of that ancestry can be seen from Southie to Holyoke. Here are five things you don’t know about St. Patrick’s Day and Irish heritage that will get you excited for the upcoming holiday.
In recent years, a conflict has been brewing between the Boston area’s deep Irish roots and its local pride. Guinness – a staple in Irish pubs around the world – is seeing more and more competition from local breweries. If you don’t believe us, just take a look.
They say everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day… But these celebrities are REALLY Irish. Who is your favorite famous Irishman or woman? Let us know here!
Nothing says “top o’ the mornin’ to ya’” like a mug of green beer and a parade full of bagpipers. But second to that comes this list of movies for celebrating St. Paddy’s Day. Classic and contemporary, they’ll all put you in an Irish frame of mind… or not.
What are we in for this year? Let’s take a look back on last year’s St. Patrick’s Day celebrations in Boston.
Mix Photo Galleries
- Katy Perry + Rolling Stones Psy Speaks At Harvard Kelly Clarkson BBQ Meet &... Best Buddies Kickoff With Tom...
- Gwyneth Paltrow: World's Most... Red Sox Opening Day 4-8-2013 Salt's Single Ladies 2-14-2013 St. Patrick's Day at L St....
- Maroon 5 Concert 2-17-2013 Pink Concert 3-28-2013 Bruins Home Opener 1-19-2013 BSB On Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Bruins Fans Stand United Kim's Divorce Hearing Your 2013 Boston Red Sox Mix 104.1 at Fenway Park for...
- LISTEN: @KarsonKennedy Reveal The Tom Brady Contest Winner! ow.ly/lmP6j 1 hour ago
- Homeland Security Secretary To Visit Boston Marathon Bombings Memorial ow.ly/lmHBI 2 hours ago
- 33,000 Flags On Boston Common Honor State’s Fallen Heroes ow.ly/lmhce 4 hours ago
- Follow Karson & Salt's RV Road Trip from Tampa to Boston online all Memorial Day weekend long! Mix1041.com/RV (@KarsonKennedy) 5 hours ago
- Who did this study, Willy Wonka? Candy Industry Study Says Eating Tons Of Candy Doesn’t Make You Fat ow.ly/ll3D9 18 hours ago